Ever catch your reflection in shop windows looking at designer clothing you wish you could afford? Well why spend thousands for designer clothing when you could be your own designer and make something similar yourself for much less!
Today we are taking a look at this amazing designer, tartan tweed mini dress by Balmain from Net-A-Porter. For those of us lucky enough to be able to afford this £2,390(!!) dress made in Italy, you are living the dream! But don't worry, for those that are left counting our pennies the week before pay day we have found the perfect pattern and possible fabrics to make this for 36x cheaper!
You might be thinking, this is a bit covered up for summer but if you're anything like us it takes a while to find the time to finish a pattern, so like the designers, we're thinking ahead!
We've found the perfect pattern and the perfect fabric for you to make your own version for only £65!!
- Misses and Miss Plus 1960s Vintage Dresses. Simplicity Sewing Pattern No. 1012. Get it here!
- Head back to the 1960's. This vintage dress has neckline variations. Make it retro in colour blocked panels and collars, which is modern again, or go classic in a single fabric/colour.
- Available to buy a printable version
- £30 per meter
- A medium weight wool and viscose blend tweed fabric in beautiful plum purple and turquoise. This loose weave tweed is made with a variety of colourful yarns. This stunning warm fabric is perfect for winter garments.
- This fabric is 150cm (approx. 60”)wide.
- Many different tweed fabrics also available on TruroFabrics.com
So there we have it! You're very own Balmain dress for £65! Why not bring all your patterns along to our next Sewing Pattern Class?!