This first week is just more of an introduction, I will tell you where I got everything I needed for the project...my chosen fabrics...why I picked this pattern for the sew-along and more!
We will be making the 'Portside travel set' from Grainline studio. (available here) I picked this pattern, since as we all know, 'WINTER IS COMING' (said in the best game of throne voice of course) which means it is time to start thinking about Christmas gifts.
I like this pattern as it would make a lovely gift for ladies and gents & there is endless possibilities on fabrics you can mix & match to make it look totally different each time! I also picked this pattern as I think people would be more interested in giving themselves a bit of a challenge while still being able to get a bit of help too! I haven't had a test run at making this set yet myself so who knows...maybe you lot will be giving me hints and tips!!
Where I got everything I need
- The pattern - Grainline studio
- The interfacing - Sewconfident website
- The Zips - smaller zips from Sew Confident, (large 21" zip I got on ebay!)
- D rings - Sew Confident
- Swivel clips - Sew Confident
- Fabric 1 - Canvas fabric from Ikea (only £4 a metre!!)
- Fabric 2 - Fake leather look fabric from The Cotton Print Factory (£7 a metre)
- Lining - Remenant kings
- Webbing for straps - For the sizes mentioned in the pattern I ordered this on ebay in big 10m rolls as it worked out cheaper than buying just the 2m ... guess ill just make a few bags!
What is the sew along all about?
The sew-along is all about bringing all us sewing lovers together and helping/showing off to each other our great talent!! I will be posting an update of my progress once a week for about 3 weeks (maybe more if anyone joining in wants extra tips!) So make sure you tag us in any photos/videos on any of your social media and use the hash tag #SCsewalong !
If you have any questions just drop me an e-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org ,